Friday, March 27, 2009

triple scoop (cuz everything comes in threes, right?)




1st) Our daughter, Lucia Josephine, is officially ours and we are hers!!!! Happy, happy, happy!!! Everything sailed through today in Ethiopian courts. Thank you, Lord! In regards to her name, well, we are the worst name "picker-outers" (Is there such a word?)! Add to that our combined stubborn streaks and you end up with either a really, really long name or one that can be said five different ways. Take your pick. Lulu, Josie, Jo, LJ (thinking of you here, Jase). We are a family peacefully divided and will surely have one confused little girl! Oh well! (fat grins here) By the way, I like Lucia, pronounced (Lu-SEE-a, with an accent on the i). :)

2nd) Ayisha is scheduled to be admitted to the epilepsy monitoring unit on April 7th, where she will undergo extensive testing. She'll be taken off of all medication in the hopes that she will have several seizures while under their care. This testing could last from 2-10 days. We will be having a time of prayer for her on April 5th at Cornerstone Church (6:00 p.m.) for anyone local that would like to join us.

3rd) I will depart for Ethiopia on April 25th to bring our baby home! I cannot travel any sooner due to processing and embassy schedules (and as it turns out, it is better this way anyway). We are delighted that my parents will be able to come and care for the girls while I am away. Now, if we could convince them to bring their adorable new puppy, Harriet, along!


As a "topping", Easter Sunday and Caleb's entrance into glory will be deeply remembered and commemorated the same day this year. It is my heart's desire that we not be within hospital walls by then. My eyes sting, just thinking about it, truthfully. Still, please pray that we would rejoice in the Lord and maybe taste of Him, our hope, not only despite our circumstance but in it. May we remember well that even though we do have trouble in this world, He HAS overcome the world.

6 comments:

Turquoise Gates said...

Wow, the "Amy" in Emma and the "Steve" in Manda gets more apparent to me every time I get to see them. Thank you, thank you, dear friend for ministering to us through pictures and words during such a time in your life. We will join you - albeit in spirit only - in prayer on April 5 and will always remember our little taste of Jesus through sweet Caleb on April 12. Lifting you up!

To him that overcomes the foe,
White raiment shall be given.
Before the angels he shall know
His name confessed in Heaven.
Then onward from the hill of light,
Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
In Jesus’ conquering Name.

Naomi said...

Great update! We'll be praying for you all....so excited for you re: Lucia (yea!). And hoping for good things re: Ayisha.
Thinking of you all during this Easter season. You've all been on my heart.

Unknown said...

oh, i have been craving more photos and more updates with ways to pray. (and it makes me happy to see gen's already been here - is a silly, strange way, i feel like i've met with girlfriends...)
i can't wait to "meet" lucia through photos - i love your pronunciation, but i think i shall call her lulu, with permission. i plan to fast and pray the fifth with you all. my eyes well up even now as i think of your coming journeys - one to retrieve the newest daughter of your hearts, and one to retrieve answers on the mind of another. your girls are so beautiful (how DO you achieve such lightness and wistfulness in your work - besides the heart-part??) and your updates are little treasures. hallelujah caleb will celebrate his "graduation day" on "resurrection day." the ladies all wear hats on easter sunday at our church, and i am going to wear mine in honor of caleb. do you think he would like feathers?

Karla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla said...

For some reason the comments I wrote were replace with the last comments I put on your blog weeks ago with I put in my address. So I deleted that, and I'm trying again.

Wonderful pictures of the girls! Ayisha's hair is so adorable!

Great news about little Lucia. Can't wait to see her face!! I guess I need to start another Christmas stocking!

We'll be praying much for you in April. What a roller coaster ride it will be. Wish I could be there with you.

I love you much!

Kelly said...

Hey Amy just wanted to let you know we are praying for you and steve and the girls. Hang in there and call me if you need anything at all.

Love,
Kelly C.