Friday, June 15, 2012

a slow summer day

Lucia and I poked around the yard snipping flowers and filling small vases while Gypsy (our border collie) and June finally made nice. After chasing bugs and hopping through bushes, one tired out kitty made her way to my bed, and there she is now -- curled up like a snail on a feather cloud. Hmmm. Maybe I should go wake her up or tonight won't be quite so peaceful. Steve and the girls think it's funny how I dote, seeing that I don't like cats and all. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely. She seems like a hard kitty to like.

XOtovl

Naomi said...

Hard not to dote on a kitten. Cats are another matter altogether!

Turquoise Gates said...

Once you fall in love with a kitten, it's almost impossible to dislike the cat she grows into. Unfortunately I've found out. Much to my dismay, I am often out of cream for my morning coffee because I am too much of a softy when my cats meow at me for just a little sip!

Anonymous said...

Be careful, cats are like potato chips, you can´t have just one. (Says former owner of 5 cats, currently 3)

Turquoise Gates said...

I miss your face, your voice, your photos, your stories. PLEASE post something??? or call me maybe?? (oh great now I sound like a horribly addicting and annoying pop song!)