Monday, January 2, 2012

hello



Well, I'm blowing the dust off this old blog space in the hopes that it will offer up a little window into our lives. To my dismay, I am not a faithful corresponder to the many precious friends and family strewn across the globe. You have lovingly asked for pictures and news more regularly and Rambling Views is, at least, part of my answer. I confess that the blogging world --actually the internet, overwhelms me to the point of paralysis. I'll do my best to shake off the perfectionism that strangles the joy of sharing.

Our family is settling into a new season -- new state, new job, new home-- and are slowly, slowly making things our own. We miss our friends, our intimate fellowship, and the ease of familiarity. Still, God's inward work in us has been stirred, kindling a sense of wonder and adventure. It is, of course, a picturesque landscape He has brought us to in the northwest, so I expect to post landscape photos often.

As I sip my morning tea, this ancient Japanese Oak sprawls its flaming scarlet leaves and welcomes me. Isn't it lovely?


7 comments:

Naomi said...

Loving the pics, Amy! So glad you updated. Please don't be paralyzed by the internet (says me who refuses to blog!), and keep posting!! Love you lots!

Ginger said...

Oh. my. word. Can I sit under your Japanese oak? And sip tea with you?!

Amy said...

Naomi and Gin,

I am counting the weeks til you can both sit under the oaks with me --we'll munch fist-fulls of berries and laugh till we cry.

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Oh I want to come too! No fair laughing without me!

Anonymous said...

These pics are so beautiful! Adela

erin said...

i'm so glad you're writing again, and showing your wonderfully moving photos. this may be the only way i'll stay up on you! which makes me very sad, and very happy that i have at least this. wish i could talk with you. miss you my friend.