Wednesday, August 27, 2008

baked oats




We tried my friend Dani's baked oatmeal recipe this morning for breakfast. It was perfectly suited to an overcast, drizzly day.
Here it is:

1 c. oil (I used apple sauce)

3 eggs

3/4 c. honey

2 1/4 c. milk (Dani uses soy milk)

4 1/2 tsp. baking powder

6 c. oats

pinch of salt

1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)


Mix ingredients together in a large bowl and pour into greased 9x13. Bake approx. 30 minutes (until a toothpick comes out fairly clean).

We topped ours with maple syrup and cream. Dani likes hers with pecans and melted butter. Try it! You'll like it!

3 comments:

Emily said...

*flails* Why, why, WHY can't my dorm have a decent kitchen? You have to promise to make this for me when we have our Lord of the Rings day after I come home for Christmas. Capiche? :)

Amy said...

Capiche! It's a date!!! HowUdoin up there in northern country? I'll be following your blog religiously! :)

Unknown said...

we LOVE baked oatmeal! make it often!!! yummmmm...